Assessing a Die Cutting Service Provider
Eight Things to Consider When Evaluating Die-Cutting Vendors
If there is one thing that is certain in business, it is that not all companies are created equally -- and that is why it is so important to vet your business partners properly. But, how do you distinguish a top-tier die-cut supplier? What factors should you prioritize?
In one sense, the answer to those questions will depend on whether you are looking for a transactional vendor or a long-term partner. If you are looking for a transactional vendor for a one-off order, you are probably not in the right place. If you want a partner however, a firm that will grow with you, and work with you to help you turn your design concepts into reality and follow through with years of high-volume production and continuous improvement, JBC is a good fit.
Reliability and consistency stand as the bedrock qualities for any credible die-cutting vendor and these are two areas where JBC shines.
But don't just take our word for it, use the following checklist and see how we measure up.
Quality Standards: Ensure the provider adheres to stringent quality control measures, certifications, and industry standards to guarantee high-quality products.
- How does this vendor ensure the quality of products & services?
- What quality certifications do they hold?
- What does their quality control & management system include?
- Does the supplier continuously strive to improve their processes?
Experience and Expertise: Assess their experience in the field and expertise in die-cutting techniques, materials, and technologies.
- What capabilities & value-added services do they offer?
- Are they adept at converting the types of materials you need?
- Will they offer material selection assistance?
- Can they provide support during the full product lifecycle?
- Is your vendor trustworthy & reputable? Will they provide references if asked?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are you comfortable with their leadership and customer-facing teams?
Reliability and Timeliness: Look for a track record of consistent and timely deliveries to avoid disruptions in your production schedules.
- Do they have machine redundancy to mitigate downtime risk?
- What processes do they have in place to ensure that orders are delivered on time every time?
- What is their on-time delivery metric?
- Do they accept blanket orders and forecasts?
- Will they work with you to develop a mutually agreeable stocking and lead time strategy?
- Do they offer job site delivery?
Customization and Capabilities: Evaluate their ability to handle custom requirements, diverse materials, intricate designs, and any supplementary services you might need.
- Do they offer vertically integrated converting capabilities?
- Do they offer high-speed rotary die-cutting?
- Can they provide rapid prototypes to help ensure that your parts meet fit, form, and function requirements?
- Do they offer recommendations for optimal part presentation?
- Are they adept and experienced at producing parts with tight tolerances and complex requirements?
- Do they offer automated assembly?
Pricing and Value: Balance cost-effectiveness with the quality of services offered, ensuring that the pricing aligns with the value you receive.
- Do they offer all the capabilities & value-added services your job requires?
- Will they work with you to identify part presentation options that offer cost/time savings once the part hits your plant?
- Is quality sacrificed for cost?
Technological Advancements: Check if the provider integrates innovative technologies and stays updated with industry advancements to ensure efficiency and accuracy in their services.
- Ask the company about its capital improvement schedule
- How are they investing in the growth of the business?
- What are the most recent pieces of equipment and/or services added? When?
Location and Accessibility: Consider the proximity of the service provider, especially if quick access or site visits are necessary for your operations.
- Do they have more than one location? If yes, where?
- If they do not have more than one location, what is their risk mitigation strategy in the event of a natural disaster?
CUSTOMER-CENTRICITY: Does this company emphasize making doing business easy for their customers?
- Is the vendor accessible and responsive to your needs?
- Does the vendor take a problem-solving approach to provide comprehensive solutions?
- Does the vendor offer flexibility in accommodating specific orders and requirements?
Why Choose JBC Technologies?
JBC Technologies offers premium-grade solutions at competitive rates. Catering to diverse industries locally and globally, we oversee end-to-end services—from material sourcing to assemblies and kitting.
We aim to be your comprehensive die cutting solution, delivering excellence in every aspect while ensuring affordability. Partner with us for an unparalleled die cutting experience.